Thanks for stopping by! My name is Sarah Joy and I’ve created this blog to help share a message surrounding intuitive, balanced living.
What you will find here:
- Tips on how to eat intuitively and find peace with food.
- New ideas on what health and wellness really means today.
- Flexible training and workout inspiration for all bodies.
- Suggestions on how to set yourself realistic, achievable goals.
- Topics and thoughts surrounding mental health, wellness, self care and mindfulness.
What you won’t find here:
- ‘How to’ or instructional guidelines on how to get the ‘perfect’ abs / body / skin / life. No BS here my friends.
- Do or don’t restrictions on how to train or eat.
- Any form of promotion or collaboration which I’m not 100% behind or believe in.
- A one size fits all approach.
My vision and philosophy
Intuitive, balanced living can work for everyone!
Living a healthy life to me, is more than just eating ‘clean’ and working out ‘X’ times a week. I learnt the hard way that being truly healthy does not come from only eating specific foods or having a body that fits within a particular ideal. 4 years ago I was treated as an outpatient after being diagnosed with depression, anxiety and anorexia nervosa. Medication and therapy certainly helped in the initial stages and were integral to getting me in a better headspace. However, since discharging myself I’ve continued to build upon day to day tools and practices, which I can always fall back on in times of need and to which I hope to share through this blog.
To me, living a balanced healthy lifestyle includes:
- Eating that pizza and popcorn with your pals on the weekend.
- Ditching that afternoon workout sometimes because your mind (and body) is telling you ‘no.’
- Partying hard or doing the opposite and spending time on your own.
it also includes:
- Eating plenty of foods throughout the week that nourish and fuel your body.
- Pushing and challenging your body so that you reach any realistic goals you’ve set.
- Spending time doing things for you through actions of self care.
There are many factors that create a healthy and happy lifestyle and for every person this will look different. I’ve been influenced along the way by a one sided vision of health and wellness but hope to contribute a broader perspective on what living well really looks like today.
Please don’t take my word as the gospel truth!
What I share with you comes from both my personal experience, alongside my professional experience as a support coach for a health and fitness company – I am not a registered dietician or clinical psychologist. You do you and always remember to ask for help from the pros if you need it!
All work & artwork Copyright © 2017 Sarah Joy